West London, London
£28.00 - £32.00 per hour + Depending on experience
10 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within a Children with Disabilities Team for a Local Authority based in West London.
- To undertake work with the most challenging cases, providing an exemplary service in line with statutory requirements and departmental priorities, improving outcomes for children and young people.
- To demonstrate effective practice in the most complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk, striking a balance between support and control, liaising with a wide range of professionals within multi-disciplinary teams, including more senior levels.
- To manage a more complex caseload and offer opinion, support and professional wisdom within the organisation and to others.
- To model best practice, setting expectations for others. To take responsibility for coaching and mentoring student social workers and supervising the work of Support Workers, where applicable.
- To participate in the management of the duty system, as required.
- Professional social work qualification: CQSW, DipSW, CCETSW approved equivalent, social work degree.
- HCPC Social Worker registration.
- Post qualification experience of working in a statutory children's social care setting.
- Experience of dealing with complex child protection/safeguarding issues.
- Experience and comprehensive understanding of current legislation affecting protection and placement of children in need and/or at risk.
- Experience of supervising the work performance of others.
- A proven track record of consistently high standards of practice and evidence of ability to take on the most complex and challenging cases.
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly