8 months ago
Qualified Social Worker - Children with Disabilities- Berkshire
Our Client based in Berkshire requires an experienced QSW to work within a CWD Team.
The successful Social Worker should be comfortable working within a challenging and fast paced environment.
The successful Qualified Social Worker will require the following
Direct Work with Children and Families
- Use a range of interventions, as agreed with Team Manager, to engage the child and family in working towards the objectives of the Care Plan. The range includes one to one work and group work.
Looked After Children
- Ensure that all Looked After Children's Care Plans are informed by ongoing assessment of need and consultation with the child/young person and their family.
- Prepare for and participate in the regular review of the child / young person's Care Plan and placement arrangements within the statutory timescales.
- Ensure that the child / young person is fully consulted prior to any reviews or placement meetings.
- Contribute to and be familiar with the child / young person's Personal Education Plan.
- Contribute to and be familiar with the child / young person's Individual Health Plan
- Manage an assigned caseload of children and families in compliance with agreed casework objectives, statutory and departmental policy and procedural requirements.
- Advise the Team Manager of proposed care plans, progress and achievements and seek authorisation for decision making inline with departmental delegated powers and supervision policy.
- Listen to the views of the child / young person and their family.
- Maintain accurate and up to date case records which comply with departmental policy and procedures.
- Co-operate in providing statistical and other information to assess the effectiveness of social work services and to help the department achieve strategic objectives.
- Advise the Team Manager of resource, support and administrative needs including identification of shortfall leading to unacceptable risks.
You will need as the Social Worker
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
For more information Please call Bronte on 0208 418 7677 for more details or email your CV over today!