3 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are looking to recruit Qualified Social Workers for a Children’s services team based in South London.
This is a locum position starting immediately for a minimum of 3 months.
If you are a Qualified Social Worker and are interested in working within a looked after children's team this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
You will be working for a local authority based in South London.
In their latest inspection Ofsted noted that in all cases seen children were receiving "a service appropriate to their level of need, including escalation to child protection plans and becoming looked after."
Your role will need:
- To undertake interviews, observation and gather information from children, families and other agencies. To analyse, summarise and evaluate this information to provide a holistic assessment of a child's needs
- To understand the context of child development, parenting capacity and family and environmental factors in which to establish the needs of an individual child
- To assess and balance risk and protective factors within a child protection framework
- To provide written and verbal reports which are concise, informative and based on analysis of complex evidence
- To respond in a timely manner to all contacts from children and their families
- To ensure that children and their families are provided with written reports about their circumstances and plans for intervention
- To understand and respect the rights of children