5 months ago
Remedy Recruitmnent Group are working in partnership with a local authority based in South London to recruit Qualified Social Workers.
This is a locum postion starting immediately for a minimum of 3 months.
About the role:
As a Qualified Social Worker within the looked after children team you will have the following main responsibilities:
- To oversee the management of a range of social work teams including LAC, fostering & adoption teams.
- To lead on the Corporate Parenting strategy across council departments and partner agencies.
- To lead on the implementation of government initiatives for looked after children.
- Lead on permanency planning for looked after children.
- To develop policy and practice for looked after children.
- To ensure the appropriate representation of the borough through the courts in care proceedings.
- To provide a high quality social care service for looked after children, foster carers, adopters and parents and families.
- To ensure care proceedings are initiated and conducted where there is concern that a child or young person is likely to suffer long standing significant harm unless protected through family court proceedings.
- To ensure all placements are regularly reviewed with a clear focus on the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
- To ensure any concern or allegation of possible neglect or abuse by an approved carer or residential service is promptly and effectively investigated and that outcomes support the needs and interests of the child.
- To oversee service delivery of social work teams that ensures both effective assessment and intervention in families that is both proportionate and commensurate with risk, policy and strategic direction of Children, Schools and Families.