North London, London
£28.00 - £32.00 per day + Negotiable, depending on experience
3 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within a Children in Need Team for a Local Authority based within North London.
- To assess, identify levels of risk and need and deliver protective or supportive services for children at risk or in need.
- To promote the welfare of children in need with particular regard for their age, sex, health, race, religion, culture and life experience.
- To accommodate children and young people and initiate care proceedings when appropriate.
- To implement care plans, including arrangements for funding and ensuring that the cost of provision remains within agreed budgets.
- To ensure that all expenditure on cases is properly authorised and recorded and that cases with financial packages are regularly monitored and reviewed.
- To monitor and review the implementation of, and to provide continuing advice, support and social work services to children and young people, their families and their carers.
- To produce court statements and when required, give evidence in court on behalf of the Local Authority in Family Proceedings Court and any other court within Family Division as required.
- To provide verbal and written reports to Child Protection conferences, strategy meetings, planning meeting and reviews.
- To take responsibility for managing an individual caseload, having regard to the relative needs of all service users and ensuring an effective use of time and resources.
- To attend and make use of supervision and staff appraisals.
- To maintain and develop up to date relevant skills and knowledge of current legislation, policy and social work practice, through training as required or agreed by Team Manager.
Please contact Holly at Remedy on 0208 418 7676, alternatively please respond to this advert with a copy of your most recent CV