West London, London
£32.00 - £35.00 per day
8 months ago
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertaking and co-ordination assessments of children in need or at risk and being responsible for the care management of plans that arise from the core assessments until the case is closed or transferred to the children looked after service.
- Undertaking child protection enquiries, assessing and analysing risk, and contributing to the development of multi-agency child protection plans. Leading, coordinating, monitoring and reviewing multi agency CIN/ child protection plans until the case is either closed or transferred to the children looked after service.
- Being responsible for the initiation of court proceedings if required to protect children.
- Fostering strong links with key professionals in partner agencies in order to ensure robust integrated services are provided to children and families and that risk and need are identified at an early stage. This may involve co-location in other settings e.g. Children's Centres.
- Carrying out consultation with children, young people and their families, and taking part in, and developing, young people's participation in the department.
- Carrying out recording on the Integrated Children's System to the standard and timescales required.
- Preparing and presenting high quality verbal and written reports to meetings, reviews and panels and preparing statements and care plans for legal proceedings, ensuring all court related work meets the requirements of the Public Law Outline.
- Commissioning family group conferences, undertaking kinship assessments and preparing special guardianship reports in respect of children in need.
- Participating in children looked after and children in need/child protection planning and review meetings, task groups and involvement in group work as required.
- Contribute to developing a positive culture that promotes mutual respect and good professional behaviour.
- Complying with the department's supervision standards and participating in any training and development required by the department.
- Keeping up to date on relevant research and developments within childcare work.
- Undertaking other non-recurring duties commensurate to the grade of the post.
You will need to be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
- Receive up to £250 for finding your own job*