£32.00 - £35.00 per hour
5 months ago
Our Client, a very popular and supportive local authority in Kent are looking for Social worker/Senior Practitioner to join their children in care team ASAP.
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level front line experience within children's services
- Care driver
Responsibilities of the Social Worker/Senior Practitioner role:
- Undertaking viability, kinship and risk assessments
- Implementing care plans
- Preparing looked after children review reports
- Conducting an assessment of physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and social needs of each child in the Agency's care for whom the worker is responsible, and establishing a trust relationship in order to support and facilitate the child's growth and development while in care.
- Developing and implementing appropriate short and long term plans of care for the child based on the results of the holistic needs assessment.
- Completing the Action and Assessment Record (AAR) prior to the child having been in the Agency's care for one year. Involving the child, the family and the First Nation service collaterals in the development of the child's plan of care. Involving alternative care parents, placement resource staff, and other professional support service providers as appropriate in the development of the child's plan of care.
- Conducting an ongoing assessment of the child's needs while in care and revising the plan of care for the child as required.
- Providing counselling to the child and initiating and coordinating support linkages for the child with internal and external resources including schools, cultural supports and community based supports.
- Acting as a support to the child during the conducting of any child protection investigation.
- Coordinating service requirements and advocating on behalf of the child to ensure the receipt of appropriate and timely services; leading and participating in consultations and case conferences with service providers to discuss plans and service needs of the child
For any more information please call Ben on 02084187676 or email .
**Remedy also offers a great referral scheme up to £250 per referral when placed**