South East London, London
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour + Depending on experience
2 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work within an Adults with Learning Disabilities Team for a Local Authority based in South East London.
You will be required to work within Integrated disability service which supports people with both physical disabilities (under 65) and learning disabilities (over 18).
1. To manage a caseload of people with care and support needs and carers with support needs.
2. To carry out assessments of the care and support needs of people, and the support needs of carers of people with care and support needs, and for these to be done in line with the expectations of the Care Act 2014 and the regulations and statutory guidance that go with it.
3. To work with people to plan how their care and support needs or, in the case of carers, their support needs might be met. This will involve identifying eligible needs and needs that will be met by the local authority.
4. To carry out financial assessments relating to care and support services, or make sure these are done.
5. Giving people who may have care and support needs or who are carers information about any likely cost of services, welfare rights entitlements, and any other relevant information and advice
6. Where working with a person whose care and support plan, or support plan for a carer, involves services provided or arranged by the local authority, to make the arrangements for these to be put in place.
7. Subject to having had the necessary training, to assess and arrange provision of simple equipment, items of assisting technology and minor adaptations for people with care and support needs. To advise on or oversee installation and use and to undertake reviews of these.
8. To carry out reviews of care and support plans and support plans for carers.
9. To reassess the needs of people with care and support needs and of carers of people with care and support needs.
10. To recognise and act on safeguarding concerns relating to children and to adults with care and support needs, and contribute to the response to such concerns.
- HCPC registration
- Experience of working with Adults with Learning Disabilities
- Enhanced DBS
- Full compliance required
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly