South London, London
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour + Depending on experience
12 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking a Qualified Social Worker to work within an Adults Safeguarding Team for a Local Authority based in South London.
- To promote and maintain independence for vulnerable adults
- To protect adults at risk by the use of procedures to safeguard adults from abuse.
- To assess the needs of individuals and their carers in line with fair access to care criteria
- Together with the service users and carers, formulate and implement personal budgets and support plans
- Monitor, review and evaluate services and direct payments in order to ensure that they are provided in accordance with need
1. Skills in assessment including recognising when more specialist input is needed.
2. Interpersonal skills to negotiate with others
3. Excellent communication skills with a wide range of people and mediums.
4. Ability to undertake safeguarding investigations
5. Ability to use the mental capacity act to make best interest decisions
4. Good team and collaborative working skills.
5. Work in partnership with colleagues.
6. Ability not to be limited by own professional role.
7. Ability to listen and work with clients rather than make plans on their behalf.
8. Effective organisational skills and ability to set priorities.
9. Ability to manage budgets and ability to understand budget management.
10. Be able to cope with pressure.
11. Able to make decisions.
12. Ability to chair meetings.
13. Computer literate.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly