20 days ago
This is a locum position starting immediately for a minimum of 3 months.
As a Qualified Social Worker within the Adults & Older People team you will:
- Assess, review and provide help to an individual, family or carer with complex family or social care needs. This will include taking due account of the principles of personalisation, service eligibility criteria and legal framework.
- Intervene and provide help to an individual or family whose complex family or social care needs/risks indicate they need ongoing professional support which they mightnot normally be willing to accept.
- Carry out an assessment or enquiry and plan responses with an adult, or their representative/advocate if they lack capacity, to safeguard them from abuse, neglect or exploitation, building effective relationships with individuals and families as appropriate.
- Enable an adult who has been abused or neglected to improve their circumstances, where it is unclear whether the person lacks mental capacity to make decisions, or where itis unclear whether their decisions are compromised by the undue influence of others.
- Seek to promote social justice and rights by challenging neglect, discrimination and exclusion, and helping to build safe, strong and caring social networks and communities.