3 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are seeking qualified social workers for a local authority based in South London.
This is a locum position starting immediately for a minimum of 3 months.
Our client require a Qualified Social Worker for an transitions team.
- The role of the Transition Social Worker is to complete Transition Assessments, Carers Assessments, Support Planning, Review and safeguarding work in line with the Care Act 2014.
- The role involves close working relationship with Education colleagues, Health across both Departments, including working closely with Children Social Workers within the Children with Disabilities Area.
- The role involves attending Year 8, Year 11 reviews, contribute towards Education, Health and Care Plans and co-production of outcomes for independence, supported living, employment and good health with young people and their families, assess the short breaks provision and ensure continuation of services for when children , young people turn 18 if they are likely to require on-going care and support services after age 18.
- Safeguarding Adults work is part of this role and leading on S42 enquiries, attend strategy meetings.
- Knowledge and understanding of Children Services statutory processes around child in need, child protection and looked after children is also important for this role as Transition Social Worker will work alongside Children Social Worker in some cases and will also participate in the Duty Rota for the social care team.