East London, London
£28.00 - £32.00 per hour + Depending on experience
3 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking and experienced Qualified Social Worker (QSW) to work within an Adults Complex Team for a Local Authority based in East London.
Complex Team is the area of the Adult Social Care business where the more in-depth, potentially lengthier ongoing pieces of work takes place, until casework is sufficiently stabilised to enable the case to be effectively transferred to the Annual Review Team. The Complex Team is divided into 2 Clusters, led by a Team Manager and Practice Manager. The 2 Clusters work very closely together and cover the whole range of Adults requiring support from Adult Social Care ie older adults, younger adults with physical and other disabilities, adults with learning disabilities etc.
- Cases vary depending on complexity - anything between 16 - 23
Every effort is made to ensure that caseloads are balanced - at any given time there could be 2 or 3 cases demanding focused action eg due to hospital discharge, safeguarding, breakdown of service provision etc
- Qualified social worker with extensive experience of working in a Local Authority setting with older adults, younger adults, adults with Learning disabilities/adults with dual diagnosis
- Knowledge of the CA and ability to assess need/risks and design support packages in accordance with identified eligible social care needs and to minimise risk.
- Knowledge of the MCA/DoLs/Pan London Safeguarding procedures and ability to apply these to every day practice
- Good communication skills including written skills (may be required to complete necessary paperwork for the CoP for people with LDs deprived of their liberty within the community
- Appreciation of concept of personalisation, personal budgets, the importance of getting value for money, which will include awareness of fully funded health care (eg. completing 'checklists'/Decision Support Tool)
Please contact Holly at Remedy on 0208 418 7676 for further information