North London, London
3 months ago
Qualified Social Worker, Adults
Experienced Social Workers required to work with adults and older clients.
- To facilitate user choice and control throughout the self-assessment, support planning and review process by promoting independence and wellbeing and applying the principles of personalisation.
- To provide advice and information to any member of the public requesting this (via the telephone, letters, email, or personal callers).
- To provide information and signposting advice to enable individuals to increase their sense of well-being and to access to a range of resources that do not require a social care assessment including following up with the individual to ensure that the information provided was satisfactory.
- To apply the FACS eligibility criteria and give information about any likely cost of services as well as giving appropriate advice on welfare rights entitlements and maximisation of income.
- To enable service users to undertake un/assisted self -assessments to identify needs and outcomes. This will include taking account of existing forms of support and identifying, recording and managing any potential risks, e.g. Mental Capacity Act and Safeguarding.
- To facilitate support planning by providing services users with the fullest possible information about the range of support options available.
- To advise and where appropriate refer service users to support brokers or advocates to help them with the planning of their care needs.
- To work with service users to document support plans and collate any additional reports, which represent service user/carer needs and aspirations and records identified risks.
- A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised social work qualification.
- Experience of working with adult client groups or similar field involved in assessment of needs, care/support planning and case management.
To find out more about this role, please email:
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.