Up to £31000 per annum
5 months ago
Qualified Rehabilitation Officer
Remedy Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Rehabilitation Officer to work within a local authority in Essex.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries as part of cross functional teams, and in support of key functional outputs, regardless of where you sit within the organisation.
- Think creatively, challenging the norms, and constructively challenging those around you (including those more senior) to ensure continuous improvement, commercial astuteness, and inspire the same in colleagues.
- Ensure the proper assessment, management and mitigation of risk, including Information Governance, Health and Safety and Business Continuity.
- Responsible for recognising a disclosure of a concern from an individual that requires a safeguarding intervention to be made and to take appropriate action.
Role Specific Accountabilities
- To undertake assessment of needs and reviews for visually impaired people.
- To provide individually tailored rehabilitation programs directly to individuals based upon the assessment of their needs and the need to maximise independence.
- To provide specialist assessments as appropriate.
- Provide information, advice and training to individuals, families, carers and other professionals to raise awareness and improve/inform practice.
- Maintain up to date and accurate records, provide reports, appropriate documentation and statistical information, as required meeting service standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of policies and procedures and of key legislation and regulations.
- Attend Regional Rehabilitation Officer Networking meetings where appropriate.
- Manage own caseload effectively and meet associated key performance indicators.
- Work collaboratively with other agencies, voluntary organisations and groups striving to enhance and improve service delivery to Sensory Impaired People.
- Represent the team at the discretion of the Team Leader.
- Carry out any other appropriate duties that may be required, which are commensurate with the grade of the post
Please call Bronte for more information on 0208 418 7676 or email