Tower Hamlets, London
8 months ago
*** PRU - Pupil Referral Unit ***
*** East London ***
Remedy Education are currently working with a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) based in East London. They are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to start ASAP.
The school caters for students with challenging behaviour. It is vital to the school that a positive learning environment is created, where both the students and the staff enjoy learning and where there are opportunities for pupils to progress into college or further work-related learning.
You will be expected to work within a small class with a maximum of 7 students. There is a minimum of 1 Teacher and 1 Teaching Assistant to each class, enabling all pupils to receive the right amount of care and support. Responsibilities include: managing pupils behaviour, ensuring students engage with lessons, providing academic support and working under the instruction of the class teacher.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Experience working in specialist schools such as SEN schools or Pupil Referral Units
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- Strong behaviour management and confident with challenging behaviour
- SEN experience is essential
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic and friendly, yet firm approach
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Zeki Mehmet at Remedy Education.
Remedy Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give me a call so we can discuss other opportunities.