2 months ago
Remedy Recruitment are currently working with the a local authority in East London and are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager.
- Undertake detailed project planning, management and implementation to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget, and deliver their anticipated benefits, whilst minimising disruption to Council services. Design effective project governance arrangements and directly address governance issues as and when they arise. Measure programme/ project impacts and ensure lessons learnt are fed back into a process of improving the way the Council manages change.
- Manage multidisciplinary project teams that are likely to comprise of Senior Officers with professional expertise (e.g. Service experts; HR; Finance; ICT; Legal; Property; Procurement; Communications) and may include external contractors. The post holder will be expected to champion the programme/ project vision, using experience to provide powerful analogies/ case studies to support the agreed course of action.
- Develop effective working relationships with lead stakeholders within the programme/ project, including service based officers (up to Director level); 'professional' support services officers (HR/Finance etc); elected Members, Chief Officers, Trade Unions; professional advisers and contractors.
- Provide credible, accurate and timely reports to the agreed frequency, and to report ad-hoc and promptly on any appropriate developments that could adversely affect the project, or the Council in a wider context
- Be responsible for effective risk management and issue resolution for the project. Make recommendations and set frameworks to ensure key decisions are made with consideration of all relevant factors.
- Quality-check the projects for which the post holder is responsible and provide regular assurance on their viability; governance and risk profile.
- Effectively chair project meetings and produce any required project documentation (in line with the Council's project management toolkit).
- Represent the Council in communication and consultation with relevant stakeholders that may include (affected staff; Senior Management; Members; service user groups; Trade Unions; supplier organisations). This may require negotiation both internally and externally, and involve the resolution of complex problems and conflicting priorities.
If you are the successful candidate for this role please call Bronte at Remedy on 0208 418 7677.