East London, London
£35 - £38 per hour
9 days ago
A key aspect of this role will focus on enforcement outputs and the post holder will be an exemplar of professional best practice and high prodcutivty within the remit of both Private Sector Housing and Planning Enforcement.
To carry out all duties connected with providing a Private Sector and Planning Enforcement service in accordance with any relevant Procedure, relevant legislation and case law and other relevant procedures.
To supply the Head of Regulatory Services and other managers with relevant information and reports as necessary. I.e. Statitics, performance, legal papers, case reports, Opinion on case law.
The postholder will have line management responsibility up to five senior PO2 officers, 6 SO2 officers across the service who will lead in a key area, project, or objective for the service.
To be responsible for the management of the service, planning the service in accordance with service plans, forward plans and service objectives.
To carry out regular audits on service provsions ensuring officers are compliant with current and relevant legislation, council policy and procedure.
To assess the impact of legislative or administrative changes affecting the service, and respond proactively to implement changes.
- Take an active role in promoting community development, i.e. attend the landlords forum and other forums as required. You will foster working relationships with other departments within the council and external parties and utilise stakeholder engagement when needed.
- Carry out regular competency testing with officers, implement corrective action and identify and recommend potential improvements.
- To liaise with other professional services where a multi-disciplinary approach to problems is required and take a pro active approach to problem solving.
- To participate in effective liaison with the management team to present conclusions, findings and recommendations on fraud investigations within the regulatory service which contributes to the developments of the councils policies and procedures.
- Post holder will manage the Mandatory Licensing elements of the business and ensure we are compliant in respect of licensing of mandatory and additional licensing.
- The post holder will also ensure they are taking appropriate enforcement action as necessary including court action where necessary.
- The post holder will also address enquiries and complaints, work with individual landlords, and landlord groups to ensure high quality services are delivered.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV .