£130 - £180 per day
12 days ago
Remedy Education is recruiting for a PMLD Teacher / SLD Teacher / SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher for KS1 and KS2 classes at an all-through SEN school based in South East London. The school caters for students with a range of complex needs. The successful PMLD Teacher / SLD Teacher / SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will be working with pupils with PMLD (profound and multiple learning difficulties) and SLD (severe learning difficulties). This role is to start ASAP on a temporary basis initially with the possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate.
About the Role
- PMLD Teacher / SLD Teacher / SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher
- To be teaching students in a small KS1 and KS2 classes
- Will be teaching pupils with PMLD (profound and multiple learning difficulties) and SLD (severe learning difficulties)
- Role to begin ASAP with a possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate
- Daily rate starting from £130 depending on experience
About the School
- All-through SEN school based in Lewisham
- Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' during its most recent inspection
- Beautiful school with modern facilities
- Hydrotherapy pool on site
- Outdoor access in each classroom
- 270 pupils aged 3 to 19 years
- Small class sizes (~8 pupils) with 2-3 support staff in each class
- All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
- Caters for children with moderate learning difficulties (MLD), Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH)
In order to be considered for this role, the PMLD Teacher / SLD Teacher / SEN Teacher / Special Educational Needs Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
- Must have strong behaviour management skills
- Previous experience of working with students with ASD
- Knowledge of Makaton / PECs (desirable)
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Remedy Education also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to Carly Walters at Remedy Education.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Remedy will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Remedy Education is an equal opportunities employer.