£120 - £160 per day
9 days ago
Remedy Education is recruiting for a PMLD Teacher for an outstanding all-through SEN school based in South East London. The school caters for students with complex needs including SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties), and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder). The successful PMLD Teacher will start in September 2018 with the possibility of permanency for the right candidate.
About the Role
- PMLD Teacher role to begin in September 2018, with the possibility of becoming a permanent position
- Will be teaching students in KS1
- Will be supporting students with SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties), and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
- Small class sizes (8-10 students)
- 2 - 3 support staff members in each classroom
- Daily rate starting from £120 - £160, depending on experience
About the School
- Large all-through SEN school based in North London
- Beautiful school with modern facilities
- Hydrotherapy pool on site
- Outdoor access in each classroom
- Ofsted rated the institution 'Outstanding' at their most recent inspection
- Pupils are aged between 3 - 19 years
- All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
- Caters for students with complex needs including SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties), and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
In order to be considered for this role, the PMLD Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
- Must have strong behaviour management skills
- Previous experience of working with students with ASD
- Knowledge of Makaton/PECs (desirable)
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
- Committed to safeguarding and the welfare of children and young people
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to Carly at Remedy Education.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Remedy Education will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Remedy Education is an equal opportunities employer.