10 months ago
Remedy Recruitment are currently working alongside a Local Authority within London and are currently seeking an experienced Planning Officer.
To be a senior member of a team of professional and technical officers undertaking the Council's responsibilities for ensuring efficient funding and delivery of infrastructure in accordance with the Planning Acts and related legislation, and preparing such other formal and informal policy and non-policy guidance; and researching and providing such other information as is required for the attainment of the Borough Council's policy objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities-
- To make a significant contribution to the delivery of infrastructure in the borough by taking a lead role in the production of an infrastructure road map that sets out relevant infrastructure schemes and current and potential future funding opportunities.
- To make a significant contribution to the implementation and delivery of the Community Infrastructure Levy including through meeting statutory requirements and national guidance, with a particular lead role on administrative and governance arrangements.
- To make a significant contribution to the delivery of the Community Infrastructure Levy, the Local Plan Review and associated plans and strategies by leading on a review of the infrastructure delivery plan
- To ensure that infrastructure funding and delivery proposals are soundly based through consultation and liaison with colleagues, infrastructure providers, other local authorities, government departments, statutory undertakers, developers and their agents, Parish Councils, Neighbourhood Forums and the public.
- To promote and implement Borough Council infrastructure planning policies by provision of advice and guidance to the Council and Development Management, infrastructure providers, developers, their agents, Parish Councils and Neighbourhood Forums, and the public.
- Excellent written communication skills - reports, letters, statements.
- Excellent verbal communication skills - with all those involved in the planning process - including difficult customers.
- Good Presentation skills - committees, appeals.
- Ability to assess and evaluate large quantities of often complex and sometimes conflicting information and then find creative solutions and formulate policies and/or approaches.
- Negotiation Skills - ability to negotiate on all forms of development proposal.
- Understanding the importance of government and local service targets and the need to achieve them.
For more information please do not hesitate to Bronte at Remedy, 0208 418 7677.