South East London, London
£19 - £21 per hour
5 months ago
Personal Advisor - South East London
Remedy Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Personal Advisor.
- To undertake a needs assessment and draw up a pathway plan within the framework of the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000.
- To be responsible for providing advice and support on allocated cases, or those worked with on a short term assessment basis.
- To assess, plan and develop the life skills of young people leaving care to ensure they have the necessary skills and knowledge to live independently.
- To enable, facilitate and assist the young person's progress through direct work in accordance with individual pathway plan.
- To co-ordinate the provision of services and to monitor progress of the young person through direct contact with the young person and those agencies and individuals identified in the pathway plan as delivering a service.
- To maintain accurate records of all work undertaken on behalf of the Directorate, and to ensure that service users are aware of their right to see such records.
- To ensure that service users are aware of their right to complain about the service they receive.
- To produce case reports and correspondence for a variety of readership, including meetings, conferences, other agencies and service users.
- To ensure that all work is undertaken in compliance with policies, procedures, guidance and legislation.
- To ensure that the needs of service users from all communities are addressed and that close attention is paid to equalities issues in all aspect of work.
- To participate in duty systems for the service unit, as appropriate.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships at appropriate levels with other agencies relevant to the work of the unit.
- To input data, using Information Technology, as required.
- To take responsibility for one's own, and others safety, by ensuring that team members and other staff are not knowingly exposed to risk of violence.
- To attend, Contribute and participate fully in supervision, in accordance with the Directorate's supervision policy.
Please call Bronte at Remedy on 0208 418 7676 for more information.