North West London, London
£14.00 - £20.00 per hour + Depending on experience
24 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are looking for an experienced Personal Advisor to work within a Local Authority situated in North East London. This is a fantastic opportunity for an Unqualified Social Worker (UQSW) to work within their Children and Young People's department and also Looked after Children (LAC)
About you -
- Knowledge and understanding of health and social care and how a Personal Advisor will contribute to safeguarding young people, those with complex needs, disabilities and special needs.
- Knowledge of the range of activities, parenting programmes and other relevant means to support care leavers, children and families.
- Knowledge of social policy and relevant legislation in relation to children and young people and their families.
- Demonstrate willingness to attend relevant training and development opportunities.
- Qualification in Certificate in Youth Work Practice, childcare e.g. NNEB, NVQ Level 3, Access to Social Care NVQ Level with evidence of competencies of English and Maths. Or educated to A Level standard with English and Maths GCSE or equivalent.
Experience Required -
- A high level of understanding of the educational, employment and social care needs of young people in care and 18+.
- The ability to write reports (e.g. Pathway Plans inclusive of Needs Assessments), maintain up to date paper and computer records and attend any meetings in relation to young people to whom you are providing or have provided a service.
- Statutory or voluntary experience in working with children and families.
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the needs of care leavers, children, their families or carers and normal child/adolescent development.
Job Purpose -
- To act as Personal Advisor for young people leaving care (both indigenous and who are or were Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children) to provide support, advice and assistance to enable young people to maximise education, training, work and accommodation opportunities for young people between ages 18 and 25.
- To provide individual personal support and advocacy to young people based on assessment of their learning and personal development needs and the negotiation and agreement of learning and personal development plans.
Please contact Holly at Remedy for further information 0208 418 7676, alternatively please respond to this advert with a copy of your most recent CV.
***REMEDY ALSO OFFER A FANTASTIC REFERRAL SCHEME OF UP TO £250 PER SUCCESSFUL RECOMMENDATION***