South London, London
£16.00 - £19.00 per hour + Negotiable, depending on experience
12 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Personal Advisor to work within a Leaving Care Team for a Local Authority based in South London.
Working within the Leaving Care Team to provide help to young people who have left care to make a successful transition into adulthood. The post does this by providing the young people with a range of practical help and support including developing independent living skills, help to manage housing, assessment and referral to other agencies and working with asylum seekers.
- Carry out independent interventions/assessments to identify customer needs or deliver services directly to customers.
- Assist more experienced colleagues in delivering complex service activities/assessments in order to meet or identify customer needs and develop own skills and experience.
- Provide advice and support to customers using Council procedures and policies.
- Where appropriate supervise the tasks and activities of other team members including prioritising and scheduling of work.
- Experience of working with vulnerable young people
- Knowledge of the statutory requirements of the Children Act and Children (Leaving Care) Act and Children and Social Work Act
- An understanding of emotional, physical and social needs of young people and their development
- Knowledge of confidentiality and it's limits
- An understanding of the difference between a professional and other forms of relationship with young people
- An understanding of the need for procedural and administrative processes, including case recording
- To have an understanding of the needs of children and young people from different racial and cultural backgrounds
- To have an understanding of different forms of discrimination and a commitment to work in an anti-oppressive way
If you are interested please apply to this advert with a copy of your CV, alternatively please send your CV directly