East London, London
£30108 - £38994 per annum
2 months ago
Qualified Social Worker, Looked after Children, East London, £30,108 - £38,994 pa
If you are an experienced LAC Social Worker, this could be the perfect role for you.
You will work in a new LAC Service that incorporates case work and the provision to focus on permanence for every Looked after Child. Their social work units will be 0 - 25 years, reducing the transfers and handovers. With relationship based social work at its core, the focus on a systemic approach will support social workers and promote reflective practice.
You will hold a complex caseload, offering support to colleagues in group supervision. Your previous experience as a Social Worker in frontline and LAC will give you a strong practice base which helps keep the focus on achieving outcomes.
Main duties include:
- Undertake social work assessments that are purposeful, timely and of high quality
- Completion of any relevant reports to required quality standard and within timescale
- Attendance at, and relevant preparation for, any meetings/reviews in regard to case planning for children
- Ensure all work undertaken is in line with, and as required by, the relevant legislation, guidance or procedures
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date record keeping (including electronic databases/client records)
- DipSW or equivalent Social Work qualification
- HCPC registration as a Social Worker
- Proven post qualified social work experience in a children & families setting
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of issues relating to children in need, child protection and looked after children, including relevant legislation, guidance & procedures
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.