East London, London
£24.00 - £26.00 per hour + Depending on experience
13 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Parenting & Family Group Conference Co-ordinator to work for a Local Authority in East London.
0 - however if there is a complex case that requires management oversight / support then the expectation would be for the manager to lead on this.
Complexity of cases:
Cases are referred to the FGC service via Children Social Care, either from Looked After Children, Child Protection or Child In Need. Youth Offending or Early Help can also refer into the service. Parenting is offered as a universal service and parents can refer into parenting themselves as well as being referred across the wider service. Management oversight will be provided to the parenting officer that manages the YOS parenting interventions, both voluntary and court directed.
5 essential requirements for the role:
- To provide regular one-to-one supervision for staff.
- To monitor staff performance, allocate work and deal with the day-to-day operational management of the Parenting and FGC Service.
- To manage a service for parents who receive Parenting Orders from the Court
- To evaluate the effectiveness of the programmes delivered, in line with best outcomes for children and 'Working Together
- To establish and monitor effective ways of measuring outcomes for children and families from interventions by the Parenting and FGC teams
Essential experience required:
* Extensive experience of working with parents and Family Group Conferences
* Experience of working across organisational boundaries.
* Experience of working with children and families, including assessments.
* Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team, and providing support within that team.
* Experience of working in ways which empower and encourage participation of families.
* Experience of supporting staff members.
* Experience of working with children with emotional and behavioural difficulties
* Experience of evaluating and reporting on services.
* Experience of directly line managing staff
Essential training / qualifications required:
* Evidence of relevant CPD.
* Qualified to deliver evidence based parenting programmes
* Trained in Family Group Conferencing and trained in how to train others in FGC
* It is essential that the applicant has a relevant degree or is a qualified Social Worker
Please only apply if you have the relevant experience list above. Should you wish to find out more please email your CV