West London, London
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour + Depending on experience
5 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist with 2 years + experience working in Adults and Children services. This will be working for a Local Authority based in West London.
- To work in partnership with colleagues, other professionals and partner agencies to undertake an Occupational Therapy assessment of vulnerable adults or children and their families/carers within the legislative framework and using the eligibility criteria.
- To carry out assessments, casework, support plans and discharge planning as directed.
- Following the policy framework of Positive Risk to identify risks at different stages of the residents journey and working with the resident and other key people to manage risks in such a way that enables the individual to continue, wherever possible, with their chosen lifestyle.
- To mobilise and coordinate available resources within the Directorate and those provided by other services, departments, agencies and wider community and to liaise effectively with hospital, community groups and statutory organisations e.g. finance, placements, legal, NHS professionals, voluntary and provider organisations, housing in terms of assessment, casework and support planning.
- To negotiate with residents, their families/carers to enable their needs to be positively met within available resources.
- To prepare and present reports in a clear, concise and logical way that contributes to multi-agency and disciplinary conferences and meetings and to ensure that all follow up actions from the conference and/or meeting are completed within agreed timescales.
- To be alert for instances when vulnerable residents may be at risk and to ensure safeguarding vulnerable adult and children alerts are made as appropriate within required timescales.
- Where family and social capital are insufficient to meet needs, include cost/"best value" considerations and commission creatively for outcomes in order to deliver individualised, person centred support.
If you are interested in this position please apply to this advert with your most recent CV. If you would like more information please contact Holly at Remedy.