South West London, London
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour + Depending on experience
4 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist to work within an Adult with Disabilities Team for a Local Authority based in South West London.
The main responsibilities of the post will be:
* To review double handed packages of care
* To carry out risk assessments and be able to identify when single handed could be appropriate
* To be competent, gaining knowledge, skills and experience when using equipment and techniques that can reduce a package of care
* To be confident to disseminate the equipment and techniques to others
* To collaborate with stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of the program
* To identify and plan for short and long term needs.
* To recommend major adaptations to maintain people in their own homes.
In order to carry out these responsibilities the successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills:
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Good assessment and case management skills.
* Sound clinical practice standards.
* Recognises financial pressures and the need to provide value for money.
* Sound knowledge of relevant legislation and social care initiatives and priorities.
* Display a commitment to own and team's personal development and learning
- You will need to hold a Diploma or Degree in OT
- Current HCPC registration
- Post qualification experience
- Experience of working within Adult, health care and social care environments
In return the Council offers great benefits below and more!
* Regular supervision and appraisal.
* Ongoing training and development opportunities, including leadership skills.
* The opportunity to develop and refine Occupational Therapy skills.
* The opportunity to develop an area of special interest.
* Good working conditions
Please apply to this advert with a copy of your most recent CV or contact Holly at Remedy 0208 418 7676
**Please note, to register with Remedy we will need a small amount of compliance from you**