South London, London
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour + Depending on experience
10 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist to work within an Adults Community Team for a Local Authority based in South London.
- To provide highly specialised assessment of patients who have complex multi-pathology's and/or needs, make appropriate Occupational Therapy recommendations for individual patients with the patients and/or carers involvement.
- To assess the treatment methods used in the speciality and be actively involved in initiating changes in line with evidence based practice, RCOT/BAOT/HCPC and Clinical Governance findings.
- To communicate effectively with patients and/or carers providing appropriate complex information regarding the patient's medical condition and inform them of the benefits and risks of suggested recommendations and options available.
- To maintain accurate and up-to-date records, both paper and electronic as required, on patient treatment in line with the RCOT guidelines and standards for record keeping (2017) and ensure that junior and unqualified staff do likewise.
- To collaborate with other senior staff in standardising record keeping within the Occupational Therapy services
- To set and maintain a high personal standard of work and ensure that junior and unqualified staff do the same, in order to teach them to monitor their standards, ensuring an ethical, sensitive and culturally aware approach.
- To ensure therapy staff within the speciality are competent according to the therapy competencies.
- To monitor staff performance in line with the competencies through supervision and other performance management methods.
- To have the knowledge and skills to work competently in all specialities as the service demands.
- To maintain a Continuing Professional Development Portfolio by keeping professionally up-to-date by means of adequate post-registration educational activities and encourage staff to do the same.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly