£22 - £25 per hour
about 1 month ago
- To assess children and young people's placement and service needs and match these to available services.
- To deliver a customer focused duty service along with team colleagues, including the provision of advice and guidance on matching needs to services.
- Quality assure the provision of information to enable suitable matches to be made between the identified needs of a child and potential providers.
- To deliver value for money (cost, quality and outcomes) in meeting the needs of the children, young people and their families
- To review and monitor contracted services for the children allocated in compliance with relevant regulation, policies and practice guidance.
- To offer effective social work challenge to front line workers to ensure that care planning practice informs the purchasing of placements.
- To offer commissioning advice at care / placement focused meetings.
- To review and make recommendations for existing placements which have fallen below the regulatory standards set by Ofsted and/or where the local authority have received a notification of a significant event.
The post holder reports to Brokerage Team Manager.
- The post holder has no line management responsibility.
- The post holder has no budget responsibility but is expected to monitor care, support, placement and other service package costs and performance manage using electronic and manual systems as directed.
- The post holder will be required to work some evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays in order to meet service requirements and in order to ensure appropriate representation of the Council with residents, the Mayor and elected members, and external bodies.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.