Up to £15 per hour
7 months ago
Neighbourhood Housing Officer
Remedy Recruitment are currently working with the local authority in Berkshire and are currently seeking an experienced Neighbourhood Housing Officer paying at competitive rates.
To deliver excellent housing management services to our customers to the highest possible standards ensuring that operational performance is high and continues to improve. To ensure neighbourhood services for a defined group of homes meet resident's expectations and that residents have opportunities to influence service delivery.
Main Duties and Responsibilities-
- To provide a comprehensive housing management service within a specified geographic area to our customers and neighbourhoods dealing with breaches of tenancy/leaseholder agreements, estate management/monitoring, rent arrears management, anti-social behaviour, caretaking and delivery of communal services and tenancy support visits.
- Deliver against an agreed improvement plan for the assigned area in consultation with residents and help deliver the corporate objectives. The plan should reflect the needs of the area with reference to the profile of residents and the physical characteristics.
- Ensure the housing management and environmental services provided to residents are coordinated and of an excellent standard and conform to relevant statutory requirements and best practice.
- Deliver housing services that are inclusive and accessible to our vulnerable customers
- Ensure that all complaints, incidents of ASB and harassment are investigated and dealt with in accordance with Slough policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities for service improvements and make recommendations to the Area Housing Manager/Head of Housing Management. Ensure changes are introduced and implemented effectively and efficiently in the area.
- Support a variety of inclusive and effective customer involvement opportunities in the area linked to the national customer influencing strategy.
- Ensure residents have the opportunity to influence and shape policies, service delivery, standards and scrutinise performance.
- Ensure compliance with, and promotion of Slough Health & Safety Management and policies, and ensure housing management equality and diversity services embrace this.
- Monitor budgets for which you are responsible within timescales and ensure expenditure is in accordance with budget, procedures and levels of delegated authority and audit requirements and take action when discrepancies occur.
- Participate in the delivery of an out of hours service, undertake temporary relief emergency cover including participation in the emergency plan, attend meetings, participate in working groups, and any other duties commensurate with the level of the post.
- To maintain the highest standards of personal and professional behaviour in keeping with the profile of the role inside and outside the organisation
The successful candidate will require the following.
- Significant experience of working in housing related role.
- Experience of managing and prioritising own workload and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Experience of thinking strategically in dealing with Housing Management issues.
- Experience of working creatively with partners and other agencies, community and voluntary groups.
- Awareness of legislation, policy and best practice relating to housing management, rent arrears management and anti-social behaviour.
- Knowledge of legal enforcement proceedings via the County Court.
- Practical application of Health and Safety, and Equal Opportunity Policies.
- Understanding of buildings and maintenance issues
For more information please don't hesitate to contact Bronte at Remedy on 0208 418 7677.