£150 - £180 per day
8 months ago
Long term perm
Remedy Education is recruiting for a Maths Teacher for a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in South East London. The school caters for pupils from KS1-KS4 who have been excluded from mainstream education and therefore have some level of SEMH (Social, Emotional, and Mental Health) difficulties. The successful Maths Teacher will cover all teaching duties and will have had previous experience working in a PRU or with students with SEMH difficulties.
About the Role
- Maths Teacher
- Full time, long term role to start ASAP
- Will be teaching across Year 8 to Year 11
- From £130 - £180 per day, depending on experience
About the School
- Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) in South East London
- Ofsted rated 'Good'
- Pupils are aged between 5-16
- All students have a statement of Special Educational Needs
- Caters for children with Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties
In order to be considered for this role, the Maths Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
- Previous experience of working in an PRU or with students with SEMH difficulties
- Physical Intervention Training (desirable)
- Team Teach trained (desirable)
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to Carly Walters at Remedy Education.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.