£75 - £95 per day
10 months ago
Remedy Education is currently recruiting for experienced ASD teaching/learning support assistants, to work in a range of different SEND schools throughout Lewisham. There are opportunities for daily cover and long-term posts.
My client requires an LSA with an academic background. Experience of Key stage 2 is required, as there are some students who will require support at primary level. Experience of planning and preparing lessons and the target of a record of pupil attainment is desirable.
Many of the students that require support can work to a high level academically and the successful TA will be required to provide 1:1 support at key stage 3 and 4 level for students with ASD .
For this role, you will ideally need:
- Be able to work on a full time basis
- Have previous experience working with children at key stage 2 and key stage 3 level
- Confidence dealing with pupils with different abilities and SEND requirements
- A good knowledge of the national curriculum or confident in supporting small groups with particular
subject/s (e.g. Numeracy, literacy booster groups)
- Cable of dealing with challenging behaviour, promoting focus with strong classroom management and
on-going 1:1 support where necessary
- Good interpersonal and communicational skills
- General knowledge / good understanding of ASD
Successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory references, as well as possessing an up to date DBS or be willing to apply for one through Remedy Education
Remedy Education offers all Learning Support Assistants:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- A wide variety of different positions, both day to day and long term
- Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
If this role is of interest to you, please feel free to contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education.