£70 - £80 per day
LSA - KG - ISL_1528465841
6 months ago
Learning Support Assistant - London Borough of Islington - September 2018
I am currently looking for Learning Support Assistant's to join one of my fantastic schools in working with a number of Key Stage 2 Students in Islington.
A vibrant and diverse school community where mothers, fathers and carers feel at home and take an active part in helping their children to learn and make progress. They expect all of their students to make excellent academic progress and to leave them to go on to secondary school as confident and enthusiastic learners, ready for the next phase of their life.
Purpose of the role:
- As the Learning Support Assistant you are there to support the class teacher to enhance pupils' learning either in groups or individually, ensuring pupils understand the work set, know their learning objectives and stay on task in order to make progress.
- To promote pupils' self-belief, social inclusion and high self-esteem
- To ensure that pupils thrive in a positive, nurturing, safe environment.
- To provide for the social and welfare needs of the pupils within the school.
- To support pupils who have emotional or social barriers to learning.
- A Learning Support Assistant also undertakes other professional duties, as delegated by the Headteacher.
Learning Support Assistant - London Borough of Camden - September 2018 Start
- Good literacy skills - GCSE Grade C or above in English Language; Level 2 English or above; or equivalent (ESSENTIAL)
- Good numeracy skills- GCSE Grade C or above in Maths; Level 2 Maths or above; or equivalent (ESSENTIAL)
- An honours degree (preferably Upper Second) or equivalent (DESIRABLE)
- Up to date First Aid training (DESIRABLE)
- Up to date Safeguarding training (DESIRABLE)
- Understanding how pupils learn and develop
- General understanding of national/foundation stage curriculum
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Ability to motivate pupils
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
If you feel that this is the right Learning Support Assistant post for you then please contact Hollie Myers at Remedy Education.