Tower Hamlets, London
£150 - £160 per day
8 days ago
A lovely school in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets is looking for an experienced Year 5 Teacher with knowledge of the Year 5 UK national curriculum to join their friendly team!
This well achieving school has very high standards in regard to teaching and learning. The staff team are determined to ensure that all pupils achieve their academic potential and work to the best of their abilities to guarantee success. This is supported by the creative, broad and balanced curriculum offered to the pupils. The school aims to create a disciplined and positive environment where praise and reward enhance every pupil's confidence.
As the Teacher of a Year 5 Class, you will be responsible for preparing the pupils for Secondary School and future life. Your role will be to stimulate the minds of your pupils and encourage them to become active learners. You will plan and deliver creative and interactive lessons that will allow each and every pupil to join in. The lessons you teach will be influenced by the National Curriculum. You will have support from staff members and will be assisted throughout the time you work at the school.
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of all children
- Adherence to all the school's policies and procedures.
- Taking on Key Person responsibilities including: tracking children's progress, observing, planning and implementing the skills development of the children in accordance with the Primary Curriculum.
- Liaising with and forming strong partnerships with parents/carers, including taking part in developmental progress review meetings and providing feedback to parents/carers.
The Ideal Candidate:
- QTS or equivalent qualification and at least 3 years' experience teaching a Year 5 or Year 6 class in the UK
- An understanding of the Montessori method is desirable but not essential
- Talented, committed and highly motivated
If you are interested in hearing more information about this position please do not hesitate in contacting Ryan @ remedy education