£36 - £38 per hour
2 months ago
Cambridgeshire County Council is looking to recruit an agency full-time (37 hours pw) Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) to our client's busy Independent Reviewing Service.
The successful candidates will offer a critical and constructive view regarding the plans for the child, and escalate concerns where necessary
This is an opportunity to work within the Partnerships and Quality Assurance (PQA) service in Cambridgeshire, which is responsible for ensuring high standards are maintained for children and families across the local authority.
The role of Independent Reviewing Officer is unique in its position working alongside children, families, social workers and other partners to achieve the best outcomes for looked after children, while being personally accountable for monitoring effective care planning and challenging the local authority where necessary.
The role is flexible in terms of where it is based, and it involves travel both within and outside of Cambridgeshire.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a highly skilled and HCPC registered social worker with some experience of management
- Be able to work autonomously as well as within a multi-agency team
- Understand how to, and be able to, positively engage young people and their families in the long-term planning for the young person
- Be able to work collaboratively with multi-agency partners
- Be able to chair complex meetings
- Be able to write comprehensive yet succinct records
- Be able to effectively manage a busy diary which includes deadlines
- Have a progressive and flexible attitude and be adaptable to change
- Have the confidence and ability to sensitively challenge others, including senior managers, where there are issues impacting on the wellbeing of the child or the progress of the care plan
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV.