East London, London
£38.00 - £42.00 per hour + Depending on experience
12 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Independent Reviewing Officer to work within a Children's Services for a Local Authority based in East London.
- Responsible for chairing Statutory Reviews for Looked After Children.
- Undertake work within Social Care to raise standards within Children's Services and support the development of the service.
- To monitor the Local Authorities performance of their statutory functions in relation to the case of each child who is looked after.
- To chair statutory multi-disciplinary, multi-agency, LAC reviews and quality assure the care planning and review process for each looked after child.
- To monitor, on an ongoing basis of those children who have been the subject of a review.
- Statutory guidance states that the IRO should have at least five years post-qualifying experience.
- Substantial and demonstrable experience of working in a local authority or other service for children and their families, including responsibility for allocated cases, which include children, looked after and children on the child protection register.
- Experience of direct work with families requiring knowledge and understanding of ethnic and cultural differences in family life and child care.
- Experience of liaison with external agencies and a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly