South East England, England
£35.00 - £38.00 per hour + Negotiable, depending on experience
11 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Qualified Social Worker to work as an Independent Chair Person for Child Protection Services for a Local Authority based in South East England.
- To ensure, in relation to children in need of protection by the local authority, that in every case a comprehensive child protection plan is established that will meet the needs of child and keep him/her safe
- Is developed in partnership with children, their parents or carers, and other relevant professionals
- Is effectively implemented within agreed timescales
- To assess the quality and effectiveness of the local authority's protection and care plans and support for children for whom they care, ensuring a consistency of approach and placement stability.
- To consult with children and ensure that the LA gives due consideration to their wishes and feelings through the child protection reviewing process
- The role holder will carry out a quality assurance function in relation to the Local authorities Children's Service and inter-agency practice, identifying and following up concerns about practice standards.
- They will record data as required that informs Quality Assurance and regular reports to the Safeguarding Children Management Team, LA Safeguarding Children Board and LA Children's Services Senior Management.
- The role holder will provide advice and guidance to operational staff on specific case matters and contribute to audit and training as required to support the development of good practice, and carry out any relevant function as required by the Director of LA Children's Services.
· Extensive social work experience within children's services and child protection - including legal work
· Substantial experience of managing complex multi agency meetings
· Experience of working in the Signs of Safety model
· Excellent risk analysis, communication and IT skills
· HCPC registration
· Full driving licence and access to a car at all times
Please respond to this advert with a copy of your updated CV, alternatively please email directly