5 months ago
Housing Options Officer- Shropshire
- Carry out Local Authority duties under the Homelessness Act 1996 (as amended by the Homelessness Act 2002) and Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
- To work with and to advise clients who are likely to become homeless and who are threatened with homelessness in order to prevent homelessness occurring. To work with private sector landlords, voluntary sector and statutory agencies and to develop a strategic preventative approach across the local authority area
- Refer all complaints and any legal challenges to the Senior Officer
- To liaise with the Senior Officer on complex cases
- Monitor caseload and report any significant changes to the Senior Officer
- To work towards achieving internal and external performance indicators
- To keep up to date with any relevant legislation including case law
- Will ensure that the service is delivered (and underpins the following) in accordance with the priorities of the council the Vision and Values of the Council the Councils commitment to openness and transparency and that it:
- Is supported by a comprehensive data base and provides "real time information"
- Is responsive to changes in legislation; national; regional and local priorities
- Provides the mechanisms to deliver continuous improvement
Please call Bronte at Remedy on 0208 418 7677.