West London, London
3 months ago
Housing Officer - West London
Pay Rate - Negotiable.
- To work effectively as part of the Council's Chief Executive directorate, delivering corporate objectives through the work of the Housing Service.
- To promote a philosophy of putting service user needs first at every opportunity and to put in place management arrangements that work to action this.
- To work with key stakeholders in improving service quality and promoting creative and innovative ways of tackling local problems, ensuring services delivered meet the needs of our community and are accessible to all users.
- To work with other officers in the Chief Executive Directorate and other Departments to ensure services are integrated at the point of delivery and at the strategic planning level and to identify new opportunities for business efficiencies.
- To support organisational change ensuring the appropriate systems of performance and development, communications, equality measures, monitoring and review are in place.
- To adhere to the Council's Staff and Customer Charters.
- Assist tenants in sustaining their tenancy by referrals to agencies that can help with their support need such as financial inclusion, welfare benefits and debt/legal advice.
- Liaise directly with social services and other agencies in order to support the independent living of residents who have support needs.
- Encourage and support residents to increase their involvement in the local community and actively engage with resident associations and other resident groups.
- Manage multiple tenures in a defined geographical patch and deal with all service requests in line with the Council's service standards. Provide guidance, advice and information relating to the lease/ tenancy/ licence.
- Take appropriate remedial or enforcement action where there are breaches of lease, tenancy or licence.
- Investigate all cases of anti-social behaviour, domestic violence, and hate crime. Ensure casework is progressed professionally, promptly, and in accordance with Council policies and charters.
Please call Bronte @ Remedy on 0208 418 7677
- Deliver a personalised landlord service to residents in a defined geographical patch, communicating with residents in their homes as well as council offices.
- Investigate suspected tenancy fraud cases and take action against illegal occupants.
- Quality assure the standard and consistency of repairs & maintenance to estates and properties as appropriate and ensure that work is completed satisfactorily.