South London, London
Up to £17 per hour
7 months ago
Housing Needs Officer
Remedy Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Housing Needs Officer to work within a local authority based in London, this role will be a fast paced exciting role that sits within the housing needs.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To deliver a high quality and customer focused housing needs service, including housing advice and homelessness services.
To use every available resource to tackle housing need and prevent homelessness in accordance to relevant legislation, policies and procedures. To contribute to the development, cohesion and integration of the wider housing service
- Deliver a comprehensive, customer focused and high quality housing needs service, liaising with other sections, departments and agencies internally and externally in relation to housing or homelessness issues on behalf of home seekers
- Working proactively using initiative and knowledge to apply appropriate options to tackle housing need ensuring that the council's resources, including financial resources, are appropriately used according to the needs of the home seeker, enabling them to achieve sustainable and affordable solutions to their housing needs.
- Provide good quality housing advice to all, including, public, tenants, licensees, landlords and home seekers regarding their legal rights and available options related to their housing using a holistic approach. This will include analysing complex information and relaying this information appropriately to the customer, including legal advice on housing, immigration and benefit legislation.
- Identify and respond proactively to every home seeker who may be at risk of homelessness and find the most effective means to prevent and tackle homelessness, fulfilling the Council's duties under housing homelessness, and any other relevant legislation.
- Deliver services within statutory and individual agreed targets to meet performance indicators and respond positively to all enquiries in accordance with service standards
- To take a lead on a particular topic and/or liaison with a partner department or agency as directed by the Housing Needs Manager or Team Leader. Ensure that colleagues are briefed on relevant issues relating to the topic/liaison.
- To ensure every registered home seeker receives confirmation of their housing opportunities and are assisted in making informed choices
- Identify and provide positive, effective and often complex legal and housing advice, and information to home seekers about their rights and options, in compliance with the Landlords & Tenants Act, Protection from Eviction Act, Housing and Homelessness Acts, and other related legislation. This will include immigration and benefits legislation.
- Carry out home visits to assess accuracy of homelessness applications and take a proactive approach to tackle housing needs and homelessness; dealing with a range of circumstances many of which will be complex and detailed.
For more information please call Bronte at Remedy on 0208 418 7677