10 months ago
Housing Initiatives Officer
Remedy Recruitment are currently working with a local authority in East London and are currently seeking an experienced Housing Initiatives Officer, this role is a fast past exciting role that sits within the housing needs.
Main duties and Responsibilities-
- Managing a supply of properties with a view to finding accommodation, both emergency and longer term, for applicants threatened with homelessness and in severe housing need.
- To work with a team of Initiatives Officers in the development and operation of supply initiatives to reduce homelessness, and maximise the supply of private sector accommodation, ensuring all cases are dealt with in accordance with the law and Council policy.
- To make the most appropriate, equitable and cost-effective use of available resources, ensuring that all lettings comply with statutory requirements and the Council's policies
- To ensure that all households for whom the Council has a statutory duty to secure emergency accommodation is provided with such accommodation, and to manage movement between, and discharges from emergency accommodation.
- Successfully procure and set up a range of cost effective, good quality private rented accommodation to enable the Council to meet its statutory rehousing duties and minimise the number of tenancy failures and repeat approaches to the Housing Needs Service.
- To provide an emergency placements service on behalf of DASHH on a referral basis.
- To contribute to the development of policy, procedures and practice, and to the achievement of the Section's aims, objectives and targets.
- To participate in appropriate projects relevant to the role of the team within and outside the Section as appropriate.
The successful candidate will require the following
- Ensuring that written records, correspondence, reports, notices and database records in connection with the various duties are maintained to high standard.
- Facilitating the preparation of high quality and timely responses to enquiries from local Councilors and MPs. ensuring that replies are sent within the specified deadlines.
- To deal with complaints from occupants, tenants and landlords and to liaise with relevant officers regarding complaints achieving mutually acceptable outcomes.
- Ensuring that all incoming telephone enquires are dealt with in line with Departmental Targets
- Attending regular team meetings, one-to-one supervisory sessions and annual PDCS [Council's performance, development and competency scheme].
- Taking responsibility for, and evidencing personal performance in line with councils PDCS scheme and for ones own training and development needs, through both formal and informal methods and in line with the Council's procedures and policies.
- Assisting in the induction programme for new officers covering all the key functions and knowledge required to perform the post. Providing day to day support and coaching for new/less experienced officers in managing casework, monitoring outcomes and providing feedback to the Placements Team Leader in order to plan officers training and development and improve performance
- To assist the Placements Team Leader, and deputise for him/her when required,
- To provide cover across the initiatives section as required to do
For more information please don't hesitate to contact Bronte at Remedy on 0208 418 7677.