4 months ago
Housing Inclusion Officer-
- To provide comprehensive housing options, support and homelessness prevention advice including the use of affordability assessments for all applicants and issue personal housing plans and decisions based on homelessness legislation and the Code of Guidance as well as assisting people to access the Choice Based Lettings Scheme, private rented sector and other housing options.
- To work actively with landlords, letting agents, Registered Providers, Environmental Health, Housing Benefits and DWP in order to secure and sustain affordable private sector properties in and outside the borough and promote good practice in private renting.
- To negotiate payments to landlords and agents within the terms of the Royal Borough's framework and procedures and submit these requests to the Team Leader for authorisation in order to prevent homelessness.
- To develop, acquire and retain a sound knowledge of legislation and policy in relation to housing and homelessness (including relevant case law), safeguarding and social care and welfare benefits.
- To undertake enquiries into the circumstances of housing applicants, obtaining and checking documents, contacting family, friends and partner agencies, and gathering information for the purposes of preventing homelessness, verifying applications and fully identifying needs and risks.
- To make recommendations to the Team Leader on the provision of temporary accommodation for applicants, advising on the most suitable type of accommodation that should be provided.
- To initiate and/or provide support, maintaining contact and engagement with clients, regularly reviewing and updating personal housing plans as appropriate.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues in other relevant services for children, young people and adults, including organising or participating in multi agency meetings where appropriate.