3 months ago
Housing & Planning - Interim Housing Strategy and Commissioning Manager
1. Lead on the development of Haringey's Housing Strategy and its supporting sub-strategies, policies and delivery plans.
2. Monitor and ensure implementation of the Housing Strategy and its associated delivery plans, including by informing regular reports on progress to the Housing Priority boards.
3. Work closely with other Council departments to support the development of borough policies, strategies and projects aligned with the Housing Strategy.
4. Develop good working relationships with key stakeholders at local, national and regional level (including providers and tenants) to understand and influence the strategic policy landscape, to ensure that housing resources and providers (including the statutory, voluntary and private sectors) are fully mobilised to promote investment and meet local needs, and to identify and pursue opportunities to bring in external project or capital funding to help implement the Housing Strategy.
5. Plan, commission and conduct appropriate resident and stakeholder engagement in the course of policy development, including formal consultation, working with other council teams and partners as required.
6. Ensure that the Housing Strategy and its implementation are underpinned by a sound evidence base, including by assessing current and future need for affordable housing and demand for market housing, and by undertaking research including comparative standards, benchmarking and good practice.
7. Establish and develop the strategic commissioning framework for the provision of housing services and projects in line with evidenced need and priorities.
8. Commission housing services provided by Homes for Haringey and other internal and external providers.
9. Scope and develop ideas for new housing programmes and initiatives for consideration by senior officers and Members.
10. Lead the development of the HRA business plan and the commissioning of the HRA Capital Programme.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience (in addition to those on generic profile):
· Experience of strategy and policy development in a housing environment, including research and/or experience of commissioning of housing services from in-house and external providers
· Experience of engaging with government and other partners/agencies at a senior level
· Strong understanding of the housing policy landscape and the challenges facing local authorities in housing
Please Call Bronte on 0208 418 7677