South London, London
£28.00 - £32.00 per day
2 months ago
Highways Project Engineer
Provide professional, technical support and advice to Senior Engineer, elected members, internal departments and the public to support the delivery of the Council's statutory duties and corporate priorities in one or more of the following areas:
- Highways structures
- Traffic engineering
- Road Safety
Assist senior staff with the delivery of complex highway engineering schemes and projects, and lead on delegated projects and schemes
Manage appointed contractors performance
Communicate effectively with stakeholders, residents and council officers and ensure that appropriate consultation is conducted for schemes.
Keep accurate records of projects, schemes and completed works and update statutory Highways records as appropriate.
- Provide professional engineering advice on less complex Highways Engineering projects to elected members, internal departments and the public.
- Provide professional support to senior staff with the:
- investigation of engineering problems and issues
- preparation of reports, feasibility studies, options and cost
- detailed designs, safety audits and contract documentation
- supervision of scheme delivery
Lead on the delivery of delegated schemes and projects, including problem solving, report writing, creation of designs and delivery, under guidance of senior staff.
Contact Ross on 02084187677