3 months ago
Yr. 1 - 1:1 Teaching assistant - Hearing impaired
Part Time/Long term
BSL level 1 required but not essential
Are you a passionate Teaching assistant who is confident working with children who have hearing impairments?
Do you have previous experience, working in both Primary and provision environment?
I have the pleasure to be working with an engaging Primary school based in Canary Wharf who are looking for a positive and engaging Teaching assistant to support a deaf child within their Hearing impaired provision, to work part time from 12:00pm - 4:30pm
This School is a mainstream school and their ethos means they strive to include the deaf children as much as possible into the whole school, by following a child centred programme of support, tailoring programmes to the individual child's learning and communication needs. The staff team use both sign and speech and aim to make maximum use of their residual hearing.
- Learning and working with an extremely proactive and supportive staff team
- Supporting a child 1:1.
- Excellent facilities in the school.
- Immediate start - Long term
- Experience working in a Primary environment
- Confident working with children who have various levels of hearing impairments.
- Skilled in supporting children in both mainstream and SEN.
- Able to use communication aids proficiently to enhance the children's learning experience.
If you are interested in this position please do not hesitate in contacting Zeki Mehmet at Remedy Education on 0208 418 1390