£75 - £85 per day
6 months ago
Long term perm
We are working with an mainstream Primary school in Lambeth who are currently recruiting a graduate teaching assistant to start April 2018 long term.
The selected applicant will work with the SENCo (special educational needs coordinator) and Inclusion manager, assisting pupils across key stage 1 & 2 who are of mixed abilities, ensuring that students' ECHP of special needs are met and that students exhibiting challenging behaviour have their needs met and addressed.
You will be expected to work on a 1:1 basis with specific students, assisting them with their class work in a range of subjects up to GCSE level. Other responsibilities include monitoring the behaviour and progress of small groups working on a supported curriculum and also assisting statemented students with their work in mainstream classes, under the instruction of the class teacher.
The school is near a mainline train station and is also accessible by a number of bus routes.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Degree from a leading university
- Previous support work within a school or unit
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Previous one to one, small group work and/or whole class support
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Carly at Remedy Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR REMEDY EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Remedy Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Remedy Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'