£70 - £75 per day
2 months ago
If you have graduated in the last three years and are thinking of a career in education then we want to hear from you.
We want to find the next generation of outstanding graduates and connect you to schools across Greater London who have a specific commitment to developing your career in the education sector.
We are currently in contact with a number of secondary, Primary and SEN schools who are looking for Graduate Level Teaching Assistants for an immediate start.
These roles are varied in scope and the teaching assistant role has changed beyond recognition over the last ten years! So expect roles to involve any combination of the following duties:
- Leading small groups in academic interventions (in your specialist subject)
- Providing 1-1 support to students in full class settings
- Providing mentoring and emotional support to students who may be finding school challenging
- Providing support to students with a range of special educational needs including Autism, Moderate Learning Difficulties and Dyslexia as well as physical disabilities
- On occasion, stepping in and covering full classes in the absence of their permanent teacher
This is a role which will give you the best possible head start for a career in education, giving you access to a rich and varied array of responsibilities, before you focus in on the specific area you would like to specialize in.
We work with primary and secondary schools as well as specialist SEN schools and they are particularly interested in candidates with the following attributes:
- A 2.1 Degree in any subject
- A 2:2 or higher in Maths, Physics, Computing, Chemistry, Modern Foreign Languages, Biology, Geography, Design & Technology.
- It is not essential but it is desirable that you have had some form of recent experience of working with young people
- It is also advantageous to your application if you can demonstrate an interest in building a career in education
The following skills and abilities would also serve you well:
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to engage positively with young people
- Strong work ethic
- A proactive and self-starting approach
If you are interested in finding out about any of these positions please do not hesitate in contacting Hollie Myers @ Remedy Education