5 months ago
Remedy Education is currently recruiting for a Teacher of Functional Skills to begin directly with a specialist Alternative Provision Based in the London Borough of Camden.
This is a brand new role created exclusively for the right candidate. You must have experience working with an SEMH school or a similar setting.
- Teaching Qualification- Minimum Level 4 or 5 Certificate in Education & Training, QTLS or QTS
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in either or English and/or Maths
- Experience of teaching in ASD, SEMH, EBD or PRU education settings
- Degree in English, Maths or associated national curriculum subjects such as Science
- Level 3 Assessors Qualification/TAQA/A1
- Internal Verifier qualification
- Team Teach Intermediate certificate (minimum)
- Experience of Virtual Learning Environments
- First Aid certificate
About the School:
This School is Camden's educational provision for secondary aged students whose primary need is their social, emotional or mental health development.
It is comprised of the three specialist services in Camden that currently provide support for secondary aged children and young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
The School caters up to a 100 young people who require specialist SEMH provision, including students:
- Identified as requiring such provision through a statement/EHCP of SEN (SEMH),
- who have been permanently excluded from mainstream school, or who are at significant risk of being permanently excluded, and who require a managed short term intervention to prevent permanent exclusion.
You will be required to:
To lead, teach and assess Functional Maths and/or English to students of secondary aged pupils across the curriculum.
To provide guidance and support to all secondary subject leads with embedding Functional Skills into their curriculum.
Plan and deliver innovative teaching sessions to inspire and motivate groups of pupils and targeted individual programmes.
If you are a proactive and enthusiastic Functional Skills Teacher looking for a new role, please forward your CV to Zeki Mehmet at Remedy Education today for consideration.