£70 - £90 per day
3 months ago
EAL Teaching Assistant - Secondary School - Southwark - September Start
Are you a degree graduate and aspiring Secondary Teacher?
Do you value what it means to provide an inclusive education?
Remedy Education are working exclusively with a fantastic secondary school located within the London Borough of Southwark. This vibrant and inclusive mixed school based close to Elephant and Castle station looking to appoint an EAL Teaching Assistant this September.
This role is perfectly suited to aspiring secondary teachers who are seeking the opportunity to gain that crucial classroom-based experience before enrolling onto a teacher training programme.
What does this EAL Teaching Assistant role involve?
As an EAL Teaching Assistant your role will include, but not be limited to, assisting and supporting the academic progress of students who are new to learning English as an additional language. You will support the class teacher in ensuring that the learning is accessible to all students, especially those students with EAL. You may be required to plan, organise and deliver small group intervention sessions to help raise attainment.
Are you up for the challenge?
Who are we looking for?
- A graduate with a 2:1 or 1st class degree
- Confident, responsible, flexible, adaptable & patient
- This role is very well suited for an aspiring secondary teacher
- Your academic history will need to be strong
- You will be empathetic & considerate of the needs of students with EAL
What's in it for you?
- Full time (Mon - Fri, 8.30am - 4pm) EAL Teaching Assistant position
- Long-term contract (September 2018 - July 2019)
- From £70 - £90 per day
Click 'Apply' today! If shortlisted, a member of the Remedy Education team will be in contact within 48 hours.
We look forward to hearing from you!