Up to £450 per day
6 months ago
Overall Purpose of the Job
This position includes two elements, working as both a business partner to highways and environmental services, and within the Financial Planning & Reporting team.
- Business Partner - work with partners on a range of business as usual and transformational activities including undertaking financial modelling and analysis to support decision making, reviewing and improving financial processes, and supporting partners to manage revenue and capital budgets.
- Financial Planning & Reporting - analyse and interpret income and expenditure data across financial years and authority types. Provide up to date financial modelling and analysis on the impacts of different local government funding scenarios on the council. Horizon scanning with the view of keeping stakeholders up to date on current funding topics such as the 2019 Spending Review, Business Rates Reform and the Fair Funding Review. Monitor relevant policy proposals and developments
- The Finance Interim will work within Highways, Transport & Environment and Financial Planning & Reporting.
- The role will not have any line management responsibility.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities:
The Finance Interim will mainly be responsible for:
- Financial and data modelling & analysis
- Process improvement work
- Project work
- Monitoring, understanding and timely explanation of local government financial information
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV.